A Reader wrote the following:
If your problem is spinal, don't operate it. That can screw up your situation even more. If you can say more about your situation I could try to do something to help you. Nobody deserves torture, not even worst torturersThis is my reply which I have chosen to publish as an article because I've considered writing about it for some time yet never got around to doing it. Well here it is...
t's nothing as complicated as spine surgery. In fact it is about a routine surgery: A knee implant. It may be too late for that because I've been left with a stiff leg that is shorter than the other (because the knee was removed), but there's also the possibility of an amputation and a prosthesis. But they won't do neither despite it has crippled me, and not only my leg, but my back especially.
The first years I kept walking and could walk so nobody noticed I didn't have a knee or that I had a stiff leg - as long as I didn't try to sit down, of course, which again meant I was limited in my social interactions (when you can't used people's rest room because you can't close the door, and the same is the case with public places such as restaurants etc., and you can't sit normally so you take up room for two people and have everybody present stare at you and the people you're with, because it's unheard of that somebody doesn't get treatment - especially treatment of such a simple nature as this.
Wanna know why I ended up this way? I contracted a small infection - small at first, from a tick (but I didn't know that's what caused it). My physician took some tests but couldn't figure out what kid of infection it was and gave up. When I asked him for a reference to get a second opinion from a hospital or a specialist, he refused to do so. I even had an official present who was there to ensure I got my rights respected, but all he said was: "I have never heard a doctor deny their patient a reference to a specialist when they themselves couldn't find out what's wrong". And that was that.
I went for a year with this condition getting worse and worse. While the infection itself started at the upper thigh near the hip, it ended up inside my knee, and after a year I lost consciousness while walking on the street - which is lucky because otherwise I would've died.
When I awoke they had removed my knee and meant to replace it, but the surgeon who had done the surgery was suddenly transferred to a different hospital, and the one who took his place for some reason didn't like me. I was otherwise very much liked on the whole ward. But this new surgeon, when he found two wallets on a newly arrived drug addict who had stolen them from other patients, but claimed I had stolen them and then given them to him (an absurd story).
If the surgeon had only asked the patients and the staff about what kind of patient I was he would've been told was out of the question that I would ever steal anything from anybody at the hospital, but he didn't ask anybody, he just released me without a surgery, saying I could get it at any other hospital.
I believe him, but it turned out to be a lie.
I have applied for surgery 4 times, and each time the denials have become more mean, actually ridiculing me. The first time I was told I wasn't in enough pain yet. The last time, after having described how it had ruined my social life completely, I was told I just needed to be more social. It was just a way of being mean to me, I know because I was there and I know how to tell when people are being deliberately mean.
In this country there's nothing anybody can do. The population is completely in the pockets of those who have a bit of power. As I have tried to explain before, they do NOT care about Human Rights nor Civil Rights.
I can do only one thing: Get away from here, but it is becoming more and more difficult the worse my health is getting.
The problem I often face when I talk to people from other countries is that they can't imagine that things really are this bad, they think I'm exaggerating or maybe even crazy due to the many nice things that's been said about the country. Most people haven't the slightest clue how inhuman this place, this small country really is.
A few facts:
- They have the highest number of socially isolated and so called lonely people in the world
- They have the highest use of alcohol which starts around age 12 with the aid of the parents.
- They have one of the highest annual suicide numbers in the world and have had so for many, many years.
- They are the only country who keeps record registrations of ALL internet activity and ALL phone activity taking place by it's population.
- They're the only country who diagnose people as psychopaths if they have a score on the PCL-R as low as 18. (Think about what that means: It means conformity on a scale not seen anywhere else in the world - except for perhaps Nazi Germany).
- They have the highest number of citizens committed to psychiatric institution.
- They have the highest number of citizens of psypharmaca (Zoloft being the mildest).
- They have the highest taxes PLUS the highest number of the highest various individual fees PLUS the highest VAT in the world.
- They have the highest number of laws in the world - so high that those who administrate them don't know what's legal and what isn't.
- They make the highest number of new laws - 7 new laws every day - in the world (to compare, The US makes 4 new laws a week).
- They are considered one of the two most racist nations in the world.
- They are - to my knowledge - the only country in the world who has disarmed their population to the point where a woman can't use a deodorant in place of a pepper spray (which is illegal) to defend herself.
Ca. 4 years ago I found all these statistics and more by using Google Search. About 2 years ago all these statistics had suddenly been altered and can clearly no longer be trusted. This country has realized the importance of information spread via the internet and now has people paid to replace fact with fiction in order to make themselves look good and normal.
Sometimes it makes you wonder who's acting like psychopaths are automatically said to do and who's genuinely trying to make things better.